Strong and Effective Board
Given our strategic importance to Niger State’s economy, our Board is built on expertise and strong governance practices. We are therefore committed to:
• Always having a highly competent Board and Executive Management comprised of people of strong character and business insight.
• Promoting ethical culture such that directors and managers shall place company’s interests first.
• Engaging in effective risk management.
• Evaluating performance and making principled compensation decisions.
• Upholding confidentiality of information by managers, employees and business partners.
• Non-discriminatory policy and practice.
Culture of Excellence
Our employees have a clear understanding of our vision and are driven by a common purpose, ingenuity, resilience and collaboration towards the organisation’s effectiveness. They are always prepared to go the extra mile, with the ability to remain focused and self-directed in a fast paced work and turbulent business environment. In the face of challenges, they are able to maintain to mental toughness required to push through the barriers towards achieving the Company’s vision.
Strong Risk Management
We recognise our responsibility to manage risks effectively in order to control the Company’s assets and liabilities, protect its employees and community against potential losses, minimise uncertainty in achieving its goals and objectives and maximise the opportunities to achieve its vision. We are also aware that some risks can never be eliminated fully, therefore, we have in place a strategy that provides a structured, systematic and focused approach to managing risk. Risk management is an integral part of the company’s corporate governance arrangements and has been built into the management processes as part of the organisation’s overall framework to deliver continuous improvement.
Our business at NSDC is grounded in loyalty, accountability, integrity, trust, ingenuity and respect for our stakeholder needs.